Ah, what a fun session for these Utica Macomb Senior Portraits! Molly attends Utica High School and it was so awesome capturing her senior portraits. After talking with Molly and her mom we decided to go to Detroit for her senior portraits. Molly wanted some fun, bright murals for a backdrop for some of her portraits. I thought the DIA would be another perfect spot for her. Since Molly is a gorgeous contemporary and ballet dancer I encouraged them to bring along her pointe shoes as well. She has had professional dance portraits taken at her dance studio but we wanted to incorporate her love of dance into this story for her since it’s such a big part of her life. We lucked out with a beautiful evening in Detroit when the weather apps suddenly called for the chance of rain. Lucky for us the rain went north.
Utica Macomb Senior Portraits
Isn’t the classy glamour of the DIA the perfect backdrop for this gorgeous girl? From the fountains out front to the soothing cascading stepping stone water feature to the abundance of white and grey marble walls, arches and steps – what a place to showcase this classy girl!
After DIA we took a drive to Eastern Market’s infamous murals. We took a quick drive around to show Molly her options and select some murals that appealed to her. What a vibrant place, so suitable for the girl full of personality. Wouldn’t you agree?
After Eastern Market we hit the heart of Downtown Detroit for some flowers on Library, a stop at Parker’s Alley and up to the rooftop of the Z Garage. A great circle tour of this vibrant city!
Have you checked out the pArt of Life Photography Senior Gallery? I’d love to chat about a senior session just for you! And browse through some of the Fine Art Products we offer. We’ll walk you through the whole process so that you have amazing prints, wall art or an album to be treasured for years!!
Whether you are a Macomb High School Senior, Oakland High School Senior or beyond we can help you out with your Metro Detroit Senior Photo Session!
For Senior Portraits I love helping others who need ideas on where to shop! My latest Senior Portrait Session Shopping Inspiration I partnered with Hello Fancy Boutique in downtown Rochester Michigan. I love to shop local and I love to encourage the same for my clients. Who doesn’t love to shop local? Besides this boutique has so many great options to put your own flair into your high school senior portrait session!
For the featured photo shoot with a local boutique I gathered some clients that are current high school seniors. I could have put out a call for models on my business FB or Instagram page but I decided to provide this perk to current clients. When I contacted the boutique earlier in the week they were excited to be featured as they love their high school senior customers. They chose the outfits they wanted to feature and I was able to photograph the girls both in the store and outside. It was such a fun experience for all!
Senior Portrait Session Shopping Inspiration
I love to help with planning senior portrait sessions so let’s talk about great local places to shop in and around Rochester. Outfits are a big part of your senior’s portrait session so let’s talk! Locations are ofter planned with outfits in mind so we’ll cover locations and plan out what is best to be worn in each place. And don’t worry about on-location clothing changes. I have a pop-up changing tent so we can stop back at our cars or carry it with us. I love helping you solve issues, sometimes even before they occur to you so from start to finish I’m here to help.
Check out pArt of Life Photography’s Senior Portrait Gallery. I’d love to talk to you about how I can customize a senior session just for you!
Top Tips for Choosing the Ideal Location for Your Senior Photo Session
There are a number of decisions you need to make when planning a senior photo session and choosing a location is one of them. You can’t choose just any location either – it needs to fit in with your personality and the style of your shoot. I’m here to help! I love getting to know your senior and helping them decide on the perfect location – or locations for their senior photo session. Let’s go over some Top Tips for Choosing the Ideal Location for Your Senior Photo Session
Here are a few tips to help you narrow down your options a little quicker.
- Decide what you want your photos to say about you. Who are you? Do you love the outdoors, art, sports? Are you a bit of a flower child? By jotting down the things you love, a few location ideas should spring to mind. Your photos need to showcase your personal style, so choose your location accordingly.
- Look for locations with different features. We will capture a variety of photos, so we’ll plan for a location with different spots and features. Examples of features include fences, trees, a swing, water or anything that could act as a backdrop and fits the senior’s style and personality.
- Find out about possible restrictions. If you’re considering using a commercial location, I’ll check to see if we need a permit to take photos. Some permits can sometimes take awhile to process.
- Consider timing. Some locations are busier than others and if you want to avoid crowds of people, you will need to time your shoot well. It’s better to have as little people in the background of your photos as possible.
- Lighting matters too. Natural light is a must for photos, including your senior portraits. You could have the best background, but if the lighting is bad, you won’t get the best results. It’s also important to remember that you might need to time your shoot around the best lighting. For locations and time when we don’e have the best I bring studio lighting along with me.
- Decide what you want to wear. The outfit you choose for your senior photo session also matters when choosing a location. For example, wearing an evening dress to the park doesn’t exactly work very well. Your outfit should also match your personality, so decide on this before you start looking at locations. Bring along a favorite outfits, and now a great time to treat yourself to something new> Bring a dressier option too if that is ‘you’. Don’t forget about accessories!
- Get creative. There are no set rules when it comes to choosing a location for your photo session. Let’s get creative, think outside the box, and choose a location that suits you.
I’ve been adding pages to help with decisions on locations. Here is the page about Detroit Senior Photo Session locations. Stay tuned for more!
Madison’s mom was the first to contact me for Rochester Adams High School Senior Portraits for her class of 2022 Senior, Madison. We talked over what type of senior portrait I couldn’t wait to meet Madison in person. For her session we decided on downtown Rochester. I loved hearing about her clothing choices and we worked out a plan to highlight each outfit in just the right spots!
Rochester Adams High School Senior Portraits
When I saw this outfit I knew just where to go… we stopped at the parking garage and then some spots with great brick for texture and just the right backdrops to showcase Madison’s style. The forecast was off for the evening of the session so the parking garage was perfect anyway while we decided to see if the weather was going to co-operate. The light drizzle did not let up so we embraced the need for the umbrella and took some portraits at the fire escape since it went so great with her outfit. We met up again the next day, this time with perfect weather.
After downtown we went to the river. Madison embraced the opportunity to make a splash. Much like I feel she will do with her life!
In the meadow a lone deer wandered behind her and before long he brought a herd of deer through. Wow! That’s not something that happens every day. Although it’s not completely unheard of around here.
Madison rocked every outfit and location we went to for her Rochester Adams High School Senior Portraits! Thanks Madison, it was so great getting to know you! Loved how your friend spotted you on main street and joined in for even more fun! Madison’s mom was thrilled with the session and shared how they both had so much fun. I love to hear that!
I’d love to customize a senior session just for you! pArt of Life Photography Senior Portrait Gallery
I knew we were in for a fun time when Olivia wanted to go to downtown for Detroit Stylish Senior Portraits. I have photographed Olivia before for a ballet photo session. Now she has moved on to the high school varsity dance team! She brings such grace and sweetness to everything she does. I hope she has a fantastic senior year. It’s going to be a fun one with the Stoney Creek Dance Team at football games this fall! After that the dance team with have competitions both local and in Florida. What an experience!
Detroit Stylish Senior Portraits
For the start of Olivia’s Detroit Stylish Senior Portraits Session we went to the Detroit Institute of Arts! The marble arches and steps were the perfect backdrops for both her red dress and her jeans and cute top.
On our walk over to the Fox Theatre we were admiring this fire station with awesome red wood doors. One of the firefighters said she could sit on the truck for a photo. How cool! Thanks Detroit Fire Engine 1!
We made a few stops around town then ended our evening at the rooftop of the Z Garage. We were treated to the sights of a ball game at Comerica Park and a gorgeous rainbow sherbert sky! Olivia had the perfect outfit. I loved the blues with the soft fading blue of the sky.
Ready for us to plan your senior portrait session together! Check out the pArt of Life Photograph Senior Gallery for inspiration and let’s talk! Stoney Creek High School Seniors and Adams High School Seniors don’t forget to get your yearbook photograph taken. Rochester High School Seniors I can still take and submit your senior yearbook photograph. Lake Orion Seniors, Oxford Seniors, Dakota Seniors and Troy High School Seniors I have sessions coming up with some of your friends and I’d love to talk to you too.